Thursday, September 13, 2012

Here I am!

Hi lovely's! I managed to keep my promise, and I aim to keep it up! I have a long post for you today. I'm going to take you from start to finish through the way I make a franken. Bear in mind I am not a professional. Nor do I do a particularly good job of this. I'm learning through trial and error, a lot of error. I have very few golds in my np collection, so I decided to make a gold. I haven't named this colour yet, if you have any ideas, then let me know them! Also, if you can see things I'm doing wrong, please let me know them too. I'm pretty sure, for instance, that I'm using waaaaaay too much mica. Anyway, let's get on with this post.

                                                              The things I used:

 
Glamour Base
 
Mica's: Blackstar Gold, Travel To Mars, Sparkle Gold and Brilliant Gold(I didn't end up using Travel To Mercury)
 
 
All the mica's going in the jug


                                       Shot of how much mica I used all together(too much?)
 
 
The mixed mica's
 
 
Added to the Glamour Base...
 
 
The finished product...
 
 
 
Swatches. The top pic shows one coat, the second pic shows three coats, and the last pic shows it over ChG's Frostbite.
 
I do like the colour. I'm kind of gutted that the Travel To Mars only seems to show up on top of another stronger colour(you see the red hue quite clearly in the last pic, over Frostbite) It's a nice enough gold. But honestly, it's not any different to any other that's already out the on the market. Unless you layer it over another colour I guess...problem with that is that I wanted it to stand on it's own as a duochrome, and as you can clearly see, that hasn't happened.
 
I guess I'll just have to keep on trying. It's all a learning process, and there's no harm in learning, that's for sure! Anyway, enough from me for tonight. I'll see you soon(that's a promise!) I'd love to hear from you any suggestions on posts you'd like me to do. Anyway, loads of love, take care!
xoxox
 

 














.

No comments:

Post a Comment