Anyhoo, let's get on to the good stuff. Before I was so rudely interrupted by my mishap, I'd decided to try a nail polish that I'd never tried before. I'd used the brand before, just not this particular colour. Here's some pics for you to feast your eyes upon:
So, the question is, what do you think of this absolutely stupendous colour? For me personally,the question is entirely rhetorical. A short phrase springs to my mind when I look at these pics. I love it! I've decided that from now on in with my NOTD's, I'm going to follow a format for my thoughts and opinions on the nail polish in question. Application, colour, staying power, the brush, overall thoughts. I'm also going to be giving the polish marks out of 10.
1) Application - In this case, I wasn't so keen. The polish was fairly clumpy, and dried quickly with streaking which meant I had to keep going over the np rapidly to get a somewhat smooth finish. My score for application? 4/10
2) Colour - Ah. Now this I can't fault. It's an absolutely beautiful denim blue packed full with loads of silver micro-glitter. It dries to a fabulous satin sheen. Marks out of 10 for colour is definitely 9/10.
3) Staying power - Pretty good as it goes. I started to notice flakes after a good 48 hours, and not before. I'm going with 7/10 for this!
4) The Brush - Quite frankly, it sucks. It's a typical cheap, nasty, thin brush with not enough bristles, and I think the brush probably had something to do with the streaking of the polish during application. 2/10.
5) Overall quality - Well, you know the saying, you get what you pay for. In this case, polish was under $5, so a great price. Would I buy Milani again? Oh yes. If I see another colour I like, I will definitely place it on my 'to do' list. The colour is gorgeous but then I am biased. Blue is one of my favourite colours. The colour lasted well. As well, if not longer than some of the pricier polishes out there. My disappointments were in the brush, and the application. But all in all, it's a very pretty polish and well worth the money. 6/10.
Do you think my remarks are fair, if you are a person who has already tried this polish? Or do you disagree with me entirely? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Enough from me now my darlings. I'll probably do another post tomorrow or Monday to try and play 'catch up.' Take care, be safe and I'll see you soon! Loads of love! xoxoxo