Friday, April 13, 2012

NOTD - One of my new indies!

Hi lovelys! Today I'm gonna show you one of the indie holo's I made the other week. This one I called 'USMC Bleeds Blue For Me, ' explanation after the pics! Anyway, pics first, then after those I'll tell you what I think.




First, the explanation for the name. My hubby is a Gunny in the Marine Corps, and I'm very proud of him. He also has the most amazing blue eyes, and I wanted a colour that reminded me of the colour of his eyes. I made this colour using luster base, some mica pigments and spectraflair.

It's actually as I like to call them, a holochrome. In other words, it's a holo that is also duochromatic. It's more holo looking in the bottle, but my disgraceful pictures aside, you can see a very pretty scattered holo in the nails in the sunlight.Unfortunately, I haven't got how to use SF down pat yet, and am wasting a lot, and not getting the results I want. Practice makes perfect, right? I used 2 coats and 1 coat of seche vite. Dry time was surprisingly fast, only a few minutes. I was very pleased with how 'pigmented' it is.

Please give me insight into what you think. I don't want hear 'it's pretty,' if you really think it's pretty awful. I have to say I am very happy with how it turned out, and I hope to be able to hone my skills in the near future. Anyway my loveys, see you all next time! Take care, stay safe, all my love xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment