Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Well, I started making indies and frankens!

And I'm really, really pleased with the results so far. Initially, when I tried to make holo's I put way too much Spectraflair into the bottles. I probably used 5 or 6 times too much, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. It's a shame as that's a real waste at $10 a gram.

 For those of you who don't know, Spectraflair is the most expensive pigment in the world, it comes in 3 different sizes: SF14, SF25 and SF35. SF14 has the smallest particles, and therefore the smoothest holo, SF25 has medium flakes and SF35 the largest.

I started out thinking I was going to like the SF14 the best, but ended up mixing both the SF14 and the SF35 together, and I think it looks great.

Here's some pics for you...let me know what you think!

Here a pic of the indies. I made these using Lusterbase, micas and SF. I named them all after the  USMC in tribute to my husband, who's a Gunny. The name from left to right are:
                                                                       Purple PFC
                                                           USMC Bleeds Blue For Me
                                                                Forest Mar Pat Green
                                                                You Like Pink, Private?
                                           Here's some swatches of the indies:
      This is a pic of the frankens I made. The only one that doesn't have SF in is the lilac one.
 Swatches of the frankens to the left, and indies to the right. I have no names for the frankens, so if you wanna name them please send my your suggestions!
I have to buy some more Mica's before I make any more indies. I asked Steve for money for our 12th wedding anniversay(20th April), so hopefully that's what he'll give me.

Anyway, as I said please let me know what you think loveys! Take care, and I'll see you all soon. Be safe. Huge hug! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment