I wanted to write a post about a brand that is one of my all time favourite brands. The reasons I like them are varied;
- Their price is very good, $8 per nail polish on their website.
- The formula is excellent. Not too thick, not too runny, very well pigmented.
- Ease of application. They go on smoothly, and for the most part one or two coats is plenty for a great finish.
- They're different. I like that they aren't run-of-the-mill, the same that you see with every brand, it seems to me that they take the time to find different shades and finishes to other brands instead of following the herd!
Below you'll see a bunch of the pics I've taken. Again, my apologies. My photography is lame, and does a lot of these colours no justice at all, such a shame because it's when you see these colours close-up that you really see the differences between them and the other brands.
1) L to R Out-Grey-Geous, Coalest Day Of The Year, Seductive, Night Moves, Platinum Ring, Granite Glitter.
2) L to R Out-Grey-Geous, Coalest Day Of The Year, Seductive, Night Moves, Platinum Ring, Granite Glitter,
3) Close-up of Out-Grey-Geous. If this had been taken by a better photographer, you'd be able to see the beauty in this np. It is a blue-grey, with the tiniest flecks of gold scattered within it. So pretty.
Seductive is a slightly lighter version of Out-Grey-Geous. Coalest Day Of The Year is a beautiful dark, dark grey, closer to black really. It has a lovely shimmer, and like all Barielle np's, is a dream to apply. In these first six, my greatest disappointment is that Platinum Ring and Night Moves are really interchangeable. I see no difference in them, but seriously, they are the only disappointments I've come across with Barielle.
4) L to R Suntini, Elle's Spell, Wrap Me In Ribbon, Behave Yourself, Brown Sparkles, Jess' Champagne Toast.
5) Swatches. In same order as above.
6) A lame attempt at a closeup of Jess' Champagne Toast.
7) Jess' Champagne Toast
8) Elle's Spell
Suntini is a gorgeous orange-coral cream, fabulous with a tan! Elle's Spell. Ladies, this colour was out before any of us np lovers had even heard of flakies! Well before! It's a fairly sheer plum colour full to bursting with sparkly flakies. It looks great on it's own, but you apply it over a lavender, a red or a pink, it really comes into it's own. It's fabulous, and so versatile. Try it, you won't be disappointed! Wrap Me In Ribbon and Behave Yourself are 2 different shades of shimmering pinks, one lighter than the other. Chic. Stunning. Brown Sparkles is full of fun. Then we come to my personal favourite in this group. Jess' Champagne Toast. This colour is a blue/lavender, with tiny, tiny pink particles of glitter in. There's not too many, so it's not overwhelming the base colour, but it shows up just the right amount. I love this colour, and I've yet to come across another np anything like this. It's delightful!
9) L to R Slate Of Affairs, Falling Star, Blackened Bleu, Decadence, Date Night, Polished Princess, Positive ZEN-ergy
10) Swatches, in same order as above.
11) Close-up of Slate Of Affairs, Falling Star, Blackened Bleu and Decadence.
12) Close-up of Positive ZEN-ergy and Polished Princess.\
13) Bottle of Falling Star
14) Bottle of Positive ZEN-ergy
The last of my meager collection of Barielle. Oh, to have them all!!! Slate Of Affairs, is a blue grey shimmer, there's more to it than that, however. As you turn the bottle, you see a flash of electric blue throughout. It's stunning. It's quite sheer, but you still get great coverage with two coats. Next on the list is Falling Star. Initially, decriptively at least, it's akin to Slate Of Affairs, but there the difference ends. It's not shimmery, it's a highly pigmented cream, AND it has the most amazing copper coloured glitter particles in it, making it completely and utterly unique! This was the first of the Barielle's I owned, and what a polish to start a collection with! If you don't have any Barielles, and you like blue, this is the one to start your collection. Believe me, you won't be disappointed!
Next we have Blackened Bleu. When you look at the bottle, you see a rather electrifying teal blue flash. When you apply it to your nail, you see the underlying colour is black, with the teal blue flash accompanying it throughout. This is a stunner. Up next is Decadence. Another shimmer. A deep aqua that again, to me, seems to have that flash of colour reminiscent of Slate Of Affairs and Blackened Bleu. The last three I have are the greens. The first is Date Night, a deep true green shimmer with minute silver sparkles in. Gorgeous. Next is Polished Princess, a warm olive-y kind of green shimmer, that when you look closely, you see a kind of teal flash that looks to me like tiny teal particles. Yet another completely unique colour. And last, but far from least is Positive ZEN-ergy.This is a... hmm. How to describe. A minty colour green shimmer, with tiny silver glitter particles. It's an absolute treat.
As I said at the beginning of this post, all of these colours apply smoothly and evenly. All are very well pigmented. The price is fabulous, whilst they're not cheap, they certainly won't break the bank. Overall, this brand has incredibly nice products, each well presented and each one is unique. I love them, I really do. Don't ask me to choose my favourite shade, because I honestly couldn't tell you. What I can tell you, is that I can't wait to own more of them.
If you're interested in this product, here's a link to their website:
Anyway all, I think that's more than enough from me. You take care, be safe and happy, and I'll see you all soon! Loads of love,